Tournament Age Group:
1) Use the birth date on passport as standard.
2) Under age players are ineligible to play up.
3) Each team should have the maximum roster size of 17 players.
4) 05-06 team should be AAA team, 03-04 team should be at least AA team.
5) 8 teams in each age group. Each age group will only accept one team from one participating country which means two teams from one country have to be in different age groups.
·27th April check in/register and coach meeting
·28th April-game day
·29th April -game day
·30th April-game day
·1st May-game day
·2nd May-game day
·3rd May-game day/closing ceremony
·4th May-check-out and departure
1) Approximately game time: 7:00am-9pm.
2) 2 games at most/day/team.
3) Cultural events and sponsored tour will be arranged during the tournament. Its time table might be inconsistency between this schedule and actual situation. Beijing Ice Hockey Association has final say to determine.
·Games will be played under International Ice Hockey Federation Rules.
·5 on 5 play (5 players plus a goalie)
·Each age group will play single robin round.
·All games will have 3 periods of 15 minutes STOP time. There will be a 5-minute warm-up before each game and 3-minute break between periods. Ice will be resurfaced between games.
· All the games will need to be decided. Shootout occurs If games are tied at the end of regular time. Each team will select 3 shooters and if the score is still tied then a sudden death shootout will apply.
·We will use IIHF 3 points system to decide the ranking in the robin round. 5 games are guaranteed for each team. 3 points for the winner, 2 points for shootout and 1 point for regular loss.
·All game will use three referee system.
·Each team should have a set of dark and light city jerseys. Teams must wear matching socks and jersey on rink. In case of a color conflict, BHA will have final say to determine which team will change.
Enforcement and Safety
· All players on the ice are required to wear proper equipment, including neck guards (mouth guards are strongly recommended). A 2-minute minor penalty will be assessed for the first-time offense and a 10 minutes misconduct for a second offense.
· Body checking is not allowed in the 05-06 group.
· All guests including players and teams officials should hockey insurance and international travel insurance which over the whole duration of travelling for this tournament.
Awards and Benefits
·We award one best player and one outstanding player each game.
·Teams are ranked by points. We award top 3 teams of final tournament table each division.
·Champions will win a trophy.
·We invite all coaches to elect by ballot 3 MVP from all players.
·Individual awards are: MVP, best defense, best goalie and top scorer in each group.
·Closing ceremony and farewell party including soft drinks and food will be served in the evening of 3rd May.
We offer full sponsorship for all invited teams during the tournament. This sponsorship is for up to 20 persons including players and team officials per team as follows:
·We will accommodate all teams in log cabin village in sponsor including breakfast for free (April 27th -May 3rd ).
·We will provide each team with lunch and dinner at rink canteen or at player village.
·We cover 10000 RMB Registration fee for all invited teams.
·We will provide all teams with transportation from Airport-Hotel-Tournament and throughout the event as well as for sightseeing.
·We will provide a translator for each team during their stay.
·All the extra services including the extra rooms and extended stay must be paid in full at check-in on April 27th , or all the reservation will be lost.
·All invited teams are required to fill-in the ACCEPTANCE OF INVITATION and send it to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
·Application deadline: 31st January. 2017.
·Confirm team roster and send the roster to the committee email before 30th February 2018 with team group photo and club logo.
·A refundable security deposit of US$2000 is required to confirm your participation in our tournament. Until this security deposit is received we will consider other applications. The security deposit will also be used to secure your room reservations and extra service booking.
·The deposit minus usual bank fees will be returned to your transaction account 7 business days after the tournament’s conclusion.
·Committee bank account information for collecting refundable deposit will be sent in feedback email after ACCEPTANCE OF INVITATION is confirmed.
·Tournament Director/Committee Representative: Annie Lee
·Phone: +86 13051391743
·Facebook: Beijing Ice Hockey Association